Nothing beats the taste of a sticky, syrupy sauce on a tender chicken, especially during summer. If you crave a delicious sticky grilled chicken, your cravings will not go on for long, as today I am going to share with you’re a recipe that you can make immediately.
But before I give you the recipe, there are a couple of things you need to keep in mind that will ensure your outcome is as you expected.
Marinate longer for better taste
If you want your sticky chicken to taste even better, try to start planning ahead of time and let it marinate for several hours or even overnight. This way, your chicken will be infiltrated by all the delicious flavors of your sauce. Also, naturally acidic marinade ingredients such as citrus juice and vinegar can help tenderize your meat, making the proteins easy to digest.
Oil the grates
If you are a seasoned griller, you understand the importance of oiling the grates before cooking food. Oiling makes the grates nonstick, and therefore your chicken will not stick in them during the early stages of cooking. Many people would overlook this step, but it could decide whether you get a delicious, saucy chicken with intact skin or messy, mushy-tasting poultry.
Occasionally flip your chicken to prevent it from burning
A sticky grilled chicken uses sauce with a lot of sugars that need to caramelize nicely. However, if you are not careful, your meat could burn and ruin your special occasion. Occasionally flipping your chicken after every few minutes will ensure that it is cooked evenly and no part is charred.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 2 ½ lb. drumsticks
- 3 tbsp. Of honey
- ½ c. of low sodium soy sauce
- ½ c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- Vegetable oil
- 2 green onions
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
NOTE: slice the green onions thin and mince the garlic.
- Mix the soy sauce, honey, balsamic vinegar, green onions, and garlic in a large bowl.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, put in your chicken drumsticks and pour in your whisked marinade, and allow it to marinate for two to three hours or even overnight if you started in advance. Remember to reserve ¼ cup marinade.
- Fire up your grill to a high temperature and oil the grates. Grill your chicken while basting it with the marinade you set aside. Flip the chicken after every 3 or 4 minutes until it is cooked, after 24 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish your sticky, grilled chicken with sesame seeds and serve while hot.
[wp post shortcode here]