Are you looking for the best steak knives to enhance your dining experience? Here is a list of the best steak knives that can elevate your dining experience. We have reviewed several products to come up with only the best. You can read more about them in the article, such as:
- How do restaurants choose steak knives?
- When should you sharpen your steak knife?
- Are serrated steak knives sharpenable?
Invalid table id.
Our Overall #1 Rated Pick
- Classy and looks luxurious
- Comfortable to hold
- Easy to clean and is dishwasher friendly
The ZWILLING Steak Knife Set is our top pick for the best steak knives. Although the product is priced on the expensive side compared to the other products on the list, it is worth every penny. The product is built for a class steak dining experience, with elegant design and top-notch construction material.
Here are some of the key features that make it our top pick-
- Luxury built- the design of the knife is classy and looks luxurious. It comes in a wooden presentation box, easy to store away when not in use. It can be a great gifting option.
- The knives are made of alloy and stainless steel that will be cut with precision. It has a 4-inch serrated blade that is strong and can cut through the steak effortlessly. The knives are comfortable to hold as they are built with an ergonomic grip feature.
- It is easy to clean and is dishwasher friendly. It does not get rusted.
What features to look for in a steak knife set?
Steak is a staple of American food culture. According to the beef to live report, the USA is the largest steak consumer globally, with a 21.19 percent consumption rate in 2020. Investing in a good set of steak knives can last you long and accentuate your dining experience.
We are avid meat lovers, so purchasing a good set of steak knives only makes more sense. When buying the right steak knives for you and your family, there are certain features to look out for when buying the right steak knives. They are-
- Good balance- the best steak knives have an outstanding balance. Ensure that the knives are straight, easy, and comfortable on the hands while using. The proportion of the blade and the handle should be such that one is not overpowering the other.
- Blades- make sure you do a little research while deciding on the blades. Steak knives’ edges come in the serrated and plain blade. Some prefer one over the other and vice-versa. However, edges with a plain blade make a better steak knife. If you can find blades with a combination of serrated and plain blades, that can be the best choice.
- Material and quality- Low-grade stainless steel-made steak knives often rust easily and are not dishwasher friendly. If you are looking for easy cleaning knives, look for quality material-made knives. The higher quality stainless steel products last longer and do not rust.
- Budget- you do not need to break the bank to get a decent set of knives. You can always find reasonably priced steak knives.
- Before you buy a steak knife set, ask yourself if you will use the knives often or seldom. If you are using it regularly, buy a good quality set of knives.
What steak knives do restaurants use?
Restaurants use the same standard steak knives available. Usually, the standard length of a steak knife is 8 ½ to 9 inches long, sharp plain blade tip with serrated blades on the rest to cut through the meat.
How do you sharpen a steak knife?
Depending on the knives, the method of sharpening the steak knife differs. Some steak knives do not need sharpening and some that need sharpening. Serrated knives do not require sharpening often as they are built to last long without doing so. The serrated knives are harder to sharpen due to their shard edges.
However, if you have a knife sharpener at your disposal, you can use it to sharpen the knife. In case you do not have a sharpener at home, you can use a ceramic cup edge to sharpen the blades. The bottom of the ceramic cups is rough, sharpening the blade. You can rub the blade back and forth or in a circular motion over the rough surface for a minute or two. This method can be used for both serrated and plain knives.
You can also use whetstones to sharpen the blades besides a sharpener. Electric knife sharpener should be avoided for sharpening serrated blades as it may ruin their pre-set angles and potentials.
Can you sharpen a serrated steak knife?
Yes, you can sharpen a serrated steak knife. However, sharpening a serrated knife is not as straightforward as sharpening a plain knife. The sharp edges of the knife make it hard to sharpen, and it is also meant to be sharpened seldom. Go to a professional to get your serrated knives sharpened.
What is the difference between a steak knife and other knives?
Both steak knives and other knives are meant for cutting. However, there are also fundamental differences between the two simultaneously. Here is a list of differences between the two:
- Ordinary knives have plain blades used to cut vegetables and other food items. Steak knives are different from the other knives as they are serrated. Steak knives have serrated blades that are sharp on the tip. This blade feature is built to cut through meat quickly and effortlessly.
- Ordinary knives come in different sizes and shapes. One can buy any knives as per one’s preference and convenience.
Steak knives have a standard size and balance to them. Usually, the standard length of a steak knife is 8 ½ to 9 inches long, sharp plain blade tip with serrated blades on the rest to cut through the meat.
- In ordinary knives, unless it is a custom-made or artist-made designer knife, the finish is quite ordinary and does not have a luxury finish.
Steak knives are quality knives made with high-quality material. The finish and design of steak knives are better. The quality makes it a durable product.
- The price of ordinary knives and steak can also vary much. Unless the other knives are designer-made, they will not be expensive.
However, steak knives do not come in as cheap as the other knives. They come with inexpensive cases and a luxurious finish, making them an excellent gift option.
- Other knives need to be sharpened even now and then as they are used quite often. The plain edge blades are easier to sharpen.
Steak knives need to be sharpened occasionally. Since they are not used often, they do not need to be sharpened. Also, since steak knives have serrated blades, they are harder to sharpen. It is advised to use the help of a professional to sharpen it.
Are steak knives just for cutting steak?
The basic function of a knife is to cut. The same logic exists when steak knives are made. Steak knives are special knives that are categorically made to cut through steak and other meat. It is meant for cutting through tender meat and tough meat. Besides using it to cut steaks, it can cut other meat items such as chicken, pork chop, or mutton chops.
The sharp tip blade on the tip and the serrated body helps to cut through steak and other meat items. Steak Knives are different from other knives.
What are some tips for keeping steak knives clean and last longer?
The key to keeping any kitchen or household utilities is to clean them immediately. Steak knives also need to be tended immediately after use. They are high-quality, expensive knives you wouldn’t want to buy often. The best is to address knife issues at the earliest.
- Clean the steak knives with soap and water immediately to avoid rusting. Some knives are dishwasher friendly, and some are not. If it needs a manual wash, make sure you do it manually to avoid rusting.
- Use it as often as possible. Using the knives makes sure that the knives do not lose their shine and become blunt.
- If you are new, take your steak knives to a professional for sharpening; otherwise, you can use a ceramic or a whetstone to sharpen your steak knives.
Review of the top picks for the Best Steak Knives
The Sports Vault NFL unisex-adult Steak Knives is another of our top picks. If you are an NFL lover and want to show your love for the team besides buying a set of good steak knives, then this is it. This product can be an extension of your love for football, steak, and a good knife.
What do we love?
Color option: there are options for different team logos. You can buy any as per your preference or your favorite team.
Long-lasting: the knives are made with stainless steel with comfortable and sturdy handles built to last.
- Knives come with different logo options for different teams.
- Dishwasher safe
- Affordably priced
- The logos on the knife can be off-putting for some. Aesthetically it might not be suitable for all.
This affordably priced Amazon Basics 8-Piece Kitchen Steak Knife Set is another of our top picks. The knives are made of alloy steel, and aluminum handles rivets. The blades are forged with single-piece stain-resistant steel.
What do we love?
The number of knives: given the price of the knives, the number of knives available is quite a steal.
Design: Aesthetically, the design of the knives looks luxurious and right for steak dining.
- Affordably priced about the number of knives included
- Micro serrated
- It does not need sharpening
- It is not dishwasher friendly; hence it needs to be hand-washed after use.
The Cuisinart C77TR-6PSK Steak Knife Set is another one of our top picks. The product comprises high-carbon stainless steel blades and full tang blades designs. The handles are ergonomically designed.
What do we love?
Pricing: the knives are affordably priced given their quality and comparison with other similar products on the market.
Blades: the blade’s edge is plain while the rest of the blade is serrated, which helps cut.
- Reasonably priced
- Full tang design knife
- Aesthetically good design
- The knives are not dishwasher friendly and must be manually washed to maintain their condition.
Last but not least, the Bellemain Premium Steak Knife is another of our favorites. The signature steak knife is made with a full tang blade design and comfortable handles. The knives are made with stainless steel material that is built to last.
What do we love?
Dishwasher friendly: you can easily dump the knives in your dishwasher for cleaning. It does not need to be cleaned manually.
Design: the knives are elegant, classic, and sleek in design. They are aesthetically pleasing on the dining table.
- Dishwasher friendly
- Sleek design
- Full tang knife
- Given the number of knives, the product’s price is on the expensive side.
For the true steak connoisseur, knives are just as important as the process of cooking steak. As steak-cutting knives are specifically designed for that purpose, they differ from other knives. Clean, crisp cuts only add to the experience. The ZWILLING Steak Knife Set, our top pick, will deliver on that promise.