If you are looking for the perfect smoked lamb shoulder recipe, then you are in the right place. If you haven’t enjoyed this lamb shoulder recipe before, you are in for a delicious and full of flavor lamb.
Undoubtedly, it is one of the most delicious recipes you can ever find. It will be hard for me to describe how delicious the recipe is until you taste it yourself.
A lamb shoulder comes with some part of the ribs and the belly of the lamb. Additionally, it involves a small portion of the neck and spine too. The combined weight of these parts is about 4 kg, but it further reduces when you remove other components.
Smoked Lamb Shoulder Recipe
Our smoked lamb shoulder recipe is one of the most delicious recipes – The lamb is cooked on smoke, for around 6-8 hours of cooking impart natural taste and unimaginable flavor. The presence of the thick layer of fat on the lamb’s shoulder makes it more delicious. At the same time, it takes more time to cook it as compared to the other recipes. The right cooking method and the selection of suitable ingredients make it even more delicious.
This article will discuss a complete smocked lamb shoulder recipe, and you will get all the needed information in this regard. It is getting more popular than that smoked pork shoulder recipe. Once you make it perfect, you will prepare regularly.
Ingredients Needed for the Recipe
There are no hard and fast rules for the ingredients needed for a smoked lamb shoulder recipe. I will share the element for a certain quantity of meat, and you can change your way. Let’s get started.
- 3 kg of lamb shoulder with bone
- BBQ sauce
- Himalayan salt
- Smoke BBQ rub (1.5 cups dark brown sugar, 2tsp cayenne, 1tbsp cumin, 1tbsp white pepper)
- Apple cider vinegar for spray
- 2/3 cup of hot apple juice
- Fresh rosemary
- Garam masala powder
How to Prepare the Recipes?
1. First of all, you need to visit the butcher shop for a lamb shoulder. It should weigh around 3 kg and make sure it is clean, fresh, and healthy. If you want to eat bonelessly, then the weight would be about 2.25 kg for the ingredients mentioned above. Additionally, you can increase the quantity depending upon the number of people eating the recipes.
2. Put the lamb on the chopping board and prepare the rub. I have mentioned all the ingredients needed for the massage. All you need to do is to mix them all in the right proportion to prepare the rub. However, you don’t have to worry at all if you are missing 1-2 ingredients. You may add your favorite alternative too. To make it sticky on the lamb shoulder, you need to add some water or oil to stay there.
3. Take a sharp knife and cut the meat deeper. These cuts will help in the practical cooking of meat. Now apply the rub that you just prepared in the second step.
First, apply to the upper part of the meat and then apply it on the opposite side. Make sure you have mixed the rub evenly and implemented it effectively. You may use a rub shaker as well.
4. Now, it’s time to flame up the smoker, and there are some things you should keep in mind. Ignite up to 25 briquettes in the charcoal ring. You may increase the number of briquettes in winter. It’s time to add the wood. You can pick any wood we recommend apple wood. It burns smooth and creates uniform heat. Put a separate pan for apple juice just for the moisture.
5. It’s time to place the lamb shoulder in the smoker and maintain the temperature to about 325 Fahrenheit or 125 degrees Celsius. You can monitor the temperature with an LCD. Try adding the wood in the smoker with time. You need to let it there for the next four hours. The smoke will cook it evenly and efficiently.
6. In this step, you have to prepare a sauce at home. You can use apple cider vinegar and other ingredients of your choice. This will be used for spiriting every 45 minutes for 4 hours of smoking the lamb shoulder. After four hours of cooking the recipes, it will give you an appealing look, and the meat will be so tender and juicy.
7- Remove the meat from the grill when the temperature reaches about 170 Fahrenheit. The meat will be tender and moist. At this point, you will now wrap the lamb shoulder in a foil and place it in the smoker again but with small changes.
Make sure you connect it to the temperature measuring device and wrap it in the meat-side down. Don’t forget to cover the bone with a little extra protection. Moreover, add some of the solutions (BBQ Sauce) or apple juice solution to meat. Finally, when you are done, now wrap it properly.
8. You can apply double foil and place it in the smoker for about half-hour when the temperature reaches about 200 degrees Fahrenheit. At this temperature, the meat will be tender and cook smoothly. It will braise in its juice and add taste to the meat.
9. When the temperature reaches about 200 degrees, it’s time to open it up and find the hidden treasure, you will be amazed by the smell, but it is essential to keep it for 30 minutes to 1 hour in a hot towel.
10. Take it out and pull the shoulder bone. After removing the bones, now it’s time to pull the rest of the meat apart; it’s time to enjoy the delicious mouth-watering smoked lamb shoulder recipe with family or the guests.
Well, there are some useful tips that you should keep in mind before you start this recipe. If you follow these tips correctly, you will see excellent results in no time. Let’s have a look,
- During this recipe’s whole process, you should wear gloves as you have to deal with hot things so that gloves will protect your fingers and hands.
- The cooking time for the lamb shoulder recipe entirely depends on the size of the shoulder. The smaller shoulder will take less time, and a larger piece will take more time.
- Once the lamb is prepared, you should eat and pull when it is hot.
- The internal temperature of the lamp should be up to 200 degrees. So, if it takes more time, bear it.
- Use the double foil and cover the bone entirely in it.
- We put it in a water pan while preparing this recipe. So, make sure you add it to your method too. It will serve a lot from letting it dry.
- Don’t underestimate the power of BBQ sauce. It will add beauty to your recipe.
- When it comes to eating smoked lamb shoulder, you can enjoy tortilla, white bread, and pita bread with hummus.
Although there are many lamb recipes and every recipe comes with a unique taste and concur many hearts. But you will always admire this recipe because it offers an incredible and worth-admiring feeling. I have articulated the complete procedure to prepare this recipe at home.
You can make it on a pellet smoker as well, because it offers a different and unique taste that you can’t find anywhere else.
Making this recipe takes time, but it is worth it. You will end up admiring this recipe and prepare it twice a week. If you are home during the holiday, it’s the best time to make this recipe and enjoy it with family or friends. Cheers!!!
[wp post shortcode here]