What’s worth investing in for a healthier lifestyle? The answer is ceramic cookware sets! There are various reasons to get them; however, one of the main reasons is that it’s free of toxicity. Most ceramic cookware manufacturers have shifted towards an environmentally friendly trajectory in recent years.
In this article, go through some of the best ceramic cookware sets. Additionally, we’ll answer questions like:
- Is ceramic cookware safe for high heat?
- Is ceramic cookware oven-safe?
- Do ceramic pans heat evenly?
Invalid table id.
Our Overall #1 Rated Pick
- Easy temperature control
- Solid bamboo shelves
- Reach as high as 700 degrees Fahrenheit
GreenLife is one of the world’s leading ceramic cookware manufacturers. Their pans are free of lead, cadmium, PFOA, and PTFE. If you’re an environment enthusiast, you should choose this brand.
Their cookware set is recycled aluminium, consumes less energy, and reduces carbon emissions by 60%. They come in ten different colors. The set includes frying pans of different sizes, four utensils, a stainless steel steamer, and more. It’s a good purchase as it covers almost everything needed in a cookware set.
What we like
Multiple colors: This cookware set isn’t limited to a specific color but is available in different colors. From lavender to pink, you can choose any color you want.
Functionality: You can put pans and utensils both on an electric and gas stove. Additionally, you can put them in the oven too. The heat distribution is also good as there is even flow and avoids food burning situations.
Easy to use: This cookware set is easy to clean since it’s nonstick, plus you don’t need to scrap as the stain goes away quickly. Additionally, you can put them in a dishwasher too.
- It distributes heat evenly, thus avoiding burn and food sticking to pans.
- It’s eco-friendly and is free of toxic materials.
- The panhandles get burned over time as the metal connected to the handle is not long enough.
Is ceramic cookware safe for high heat?
Ceramics are inorganic compounds and are known for their excellent heat resistance. Unlike traditional nonstick pans, ceramic pans can handle extreme heat and don’t emit toxic fumes. So, cast your worries aside and get them if you’re interested. Additionally, it’s advisable to check instructions laid down by the manufacturers because temperatures may vary for different brands. For example, pans from GreenPan can withstand heat temperatures up to 842 F, While Blue Diamond can stand as high as 850F.
What temperature can ceramic cookware withstand?
A pure ceramic pot can withstand high heat up to 2500F. For nonstick ceramic cookware, it can handle high temperatures up to 600F. Additionally, some high-end ceramic pans can handle heat as high as 2700F.
Is a ceramic cookware oven-safe?
If your pan is 100% ceramic, then it’s safe to put it in an oven as ceramics are known for their high resistance against heat. Even for nonstick ceramic cookware, it can withstand heat up to 600F. However, if your pan has plastic handles, avoid over-exposing them to extreme heat as it will produce toxic gas.
That said, plastic handles made of phenolic resin and bakelite can usually handle temperatures up to 350 F. If the handle is made of stainless steel, then there is no issue as it can withstand heat up to 500F, making it oven safe. Additionally, silicon handles can handle heat up to 400F. It will be helpful to check the manufacturer’s instructions to know more about the cookware.
Do ceramic pans heat evenly?
Yes, they transfer heat evenly since ceramics are known as good conductors of heat. Additionally, it’s advisable to avoid cooking at high temperatures using ceramic pans. That said, you should also know how to control the temperature while cooking. Some food may be delicate and might burn if you don’t pay heed to temperatures. If you’re new, you can start making food at low-medium heat.
Is stainless steel or ceramic better for cooking?
There is no definitive answer to this as every individual has different tastes and preferences. Both the cookware have their pros and cons. Some of the common aspects that they share are as follow:
- Both are eco-friendly cookware and free of toxic materials.
- They are non-reactive to food, meaning you can cook both alkaline and acidic food.
- Some of the differences between these two cookware are:
- Ceramic pans are easy to clean because of their nonstick coating. Stainless steel doesn’t have a nonstick feature, and food might get stuck, making it difficult to clean.
- Stainless steel has poor heat retention, while ceramic is known for its good conductor of heat.
- Ceramic cookware has a shorter lifespan as compared to stainless steel.
- Stainless steel is suitable for high heat cooking but not advisable for ceramic cookware.
Can I put ceramic cookware in the dishwater?
Ceramic cookware is easy to clean due to its nonstick coating, and most of the ceramic pans are dishwasher safe. However, it would be better not to put it in a dishwasher. When you put your pan in a dishwasher, it might affect the cooking surface, thus ruining your pan. For a longer life span of your pan, it’s advisable to handwash your ceramic pan.
Do you have to pretreat ceramic nonstick cookware?
You don’t necessarily have to pretreat ceramic nonstick cookware. However, some products need pretreatment before you use them. It would be better to go through the instructions given by manufacturers to know if it’s required or not. Here is what you can do if pretreatment is required:
- Wash the ceramic pan and dry them first.
- Take vegetable oil and spread it on the cooking surface.
- Use a paper towel to rub the oil evenly around the surface.
- Put the pan on the stovetop under medium heat. You can also put it in an oven if it’s oven-friendly—Preheat the oven at 250 F.
- Keep the pan under an oven or stovetop for three minutes.
- Now remove the pan and let it cool.
- Use a soft cloth or a paper towel to remove the excess.
Why do they call it ceramic cookware when it is not made of clay?
Ceramic cookware consists of nonstick and pure ceramic. Pure ceramic cookware is made of natural ceramic clay, and under high heat, it’s fired and molded. This type is 100 % ceramic and void of toxic substances.
Nonstick ceramic cookware is mainly aluminum, while the cooking surface is coated with silica for nonstick surfaces. Although the cookware base is recycled aluminum, the cooking surface is made of natural components.
Can you utilize ceramic cookware with almost any cooktop?
If the base of your ceramic cookware is aluminum, then it’s not compatible with induction. Aluminum is non-magnetic hence leading to incompatibility with induction cooktops. But if you have a steel base, you can put it on the induction. It’s advisable to go through the manufacturer’s manual to know the aspects of the cookware.
What kind of utensils should you use with ceramic cookware?
Ceramic cookware is known for its quality and good heat retention. However, if you don’t give adequate care, its longevity may be cut short. Therefore, you need to handle this cookware with care to be durable. And you can start it off by using utensils compatible with ceramic pans or pots. Here are some of the utensils that you can use while cooking in ceramic cookware:
- Use a wooden spatula on a ceramic pan to avoid scratches on the cooking surface. Additionally, you can use a wooden spoon for soup. A spoon or spatula made from wood has good resistance against heat, making it safe to use.
- You can also use spatulas made from plastics as it’s compatible with ceramic pots or pans. However, it would be better to use it only for soup and not frying, as it may burn.
Is ceramic cookware good for the environment?
Yes, ceramic cookware is eco-friendly, and many people have switched to this cookware for a healthier lifestyle. Their pans or pots are usually made of recycled aluminum, and for nonstick coating, they use ceramic, a mineral found in abundance. It’s better than nonstick cookware as it’s free of toxic substances.
Gotham steel offers a complete kitchen set from bake pans to stockpots. It comes with a 20 piece set so that you can expect varieties of pans, pots, and more. They are made of aluminum and come with a copper coating.
What we like
Durability: The cookware is scratch-proof making it an excellent durable product. You can use metal utensils on them and won’t have any issues.
Lightweight: The kitchen set is well-designed, and they’re light, allowing users to have a wonderful cooking experience.
20 piece set: This product comes with a complete kitchen set, making it worth the amount. It comes with all the essential pieces needed for different cooking styles.
- It’s oven safe and can handle heat up to 500F.
- It’s easy to clean, plus you can put it in the dishwasher.
- It’s not compatible with induction.
Gotham Steel strives to bring the best ceramic kitchenware in the market, and this product can attest to its mission. It comes with a 12-piece set built of aluminum that can withstand abrasion. The cooking surface has an ultra coating with high resistance against metal utensils.
What we like
Environment friendly: The kitchen set is free of toxic substances, making it a great eco-friendly product. It’s made from natural materials found abundantly on earth.
Durable: Gotham Steel products are known for their quality and longevity. So, it’s not surprising that this kitchen set is sturdy and resistant to scratches.
Heat distribution: The heat is distributed evenly and heats up quickly. The food doesn’t stick, allowing you to clean without any hassle.
- The pots and pans are lightweight, and the handles are made of stainless steel that can resist heat.
- It’s dishwasher safe and has good resistance against metal utensils.
- Although it’s marketed as stay-cool handles, the handles can get extremely cold.
Customize your kitchen by purchasing three colors of Gotham Steel nonstick ceramic cookware. You can choose Aqua blue, red or turquoise. It comes with a 20 piece set covering all the essentials required for cooking different dishes. In addition, the handle is made of stainless steel, making it oven safe.
What we like
Compatibility: This kitchen set has great compatibility factors. You can use it on any cooktops from glass to electric. In addition, it’s oven safe and can withstand heat up to 500F.
Easy to clean: It’s dishwasher safe, and it’s easy to clean with hands too. Due to its nonstick features, the cookware doesn’t get stained, making it easier to clean.
Eco-friendly: The kitchen set is ceramic and other natural minerals free of toxic substances.
- It’s compatible with any cooktops.
- You can use metal utensils on this product as it’s scratch-resistant.
- Without oil, the food gets stuck even on low heat.
Greepan has always been an advocate for a healthier lifestyle plus eco-driven. Hence, it’s not surprising that their kitchen sets are high-quality and free of toxic substances. This model from GreenPan is toxin-free and comes with multiple pans for any event.
What we like
Heat distribution: The kitchen set is well-constructed, allowing an even flow of heat, thus avoiding food burns.
Bakelite handles: The handles are made of bakelite material known for comfort and have good resistance against heat. Additionally, it’s oven safe and can handle heat up to 350 F.
Toxin-free coating: The cooking surface is coated with thermolon, free of lead, cadmium, PFOA, and PFAS.
- The nonstick quality is excellent.
- It’s free of toxic materials.
- It’s not compatible with induction.
Invest in eco-friendly cookware that would benefit you in the long run. The top five ceramic cookware we listed are known for their quality and free of toxic materials.
In general, we recommend GreenLife Healthy due to its functionality and variety. Plus, it’s available at an affordable price, making it a great purchase.